Infection controls and universal precautions protect clients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone of a good and safe dental practice is trust. Please feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. Narvaez.
At St. Francis Dental our entire team follows procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These measures include:
- Medical grade disinfectant hand soap
- Gloves and face masks
- Operatory counter tops are kept uncluttered to prevent contamination
- Chemical disinfection of counter tops and surfaces
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- Disposable materials
- Biofilm elimination within dental hoses
- Weekly professional testing of our sterilization equipment: EMS sterilizing monitor service
- Amalgam Separator http://water.epa.gov/scitech/wastetech/guide/304m/index.cfm
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental hand pieces. We use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure.
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.