Meet The Doctor
Arelvis A. Narvaez-Moore, DDS MHA
My family has a long heritage of medical practitioners. One most distinguished is Dr. Rafael Alvear Teran. Dr. Teran is recognized as the last exponent of the Paris originated anatomo-clinical method practiced for decades in the early 20th century for diagnosis, investigation and education.
I earned my dental degree in 1993. While doing rotations during my training at the University Hospital, I encountered severe medical conditions that have manifestations in the oral cavity. This experience led me to see the human body as a whole. At times, I find it important to consider a holistic approach to dentistry. For this reason I was motivated to take Core I and Core II at Las Vegas Institute of Advanced Dental Studies (LVI).
The practice and study of dentistry is my first love. I also thrive on reading about general health and medicine. I intently observe my patients. In their first visit I listen carefully to concerns and opinions including those of their family members. I then record detailed findings, draw an assessment and conclude a treatment plan that is shared with the patient.
I ensure that St. Francis Dental remains patient centered and prioritizes patient care and satisfaction. I am tirelessly insistent that St.Francis Dental adheres to the highest standards of infection control practices. I am always accessible and take a personal and caring approach with patients. Don’t be surprised if I personally answer the phone. I particularly enjoy my elderly patients and benefit from the wisdom they impart and their life experiences. I become a better dentist every time I listen and understand a patient’s worries and concerns.
I have devoted myself to my patients’ dental health and well being through knowledge gained from extensive experience and academic pursuit. I retain active membership with the Academy of General Dentistry, California Dental Association, Harbor Dental Society and the American Dental Association. Recognizing that dentistry is a constantly changing field, I actively pursue improvement of knowledge and technology through continuing education in dentistry and health care management.
I have practiced with dental networks throughout Southern California. All that I have learned and observed is reflected in St. Francis Dental’s devotion to affordable dentistry and the treatment of each patient with dignity and respect. Patients from all walks of life are welcome to an atmosphere of absolute cleanliness, quality and comfort. St. Francis Dental offers digital dentistry in a secured paperless office.
I continue to further my knowledge of new advancement in dentistry and have attended many dental courses in different cities of the USA, such as:
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics with Chris Baker in Phoenix, Arizona. American Orthodontic Society).
- Core I – Advanced Functional Dentistry, The Power of Physiologic Based Occlusion. LVI course
- Core II – Orthotic Maintenance, Adjustment and Essential Aesthetic Reconstructive Techniques, at Las Vegas Institute for Advance Dental Studies, in Las Vegas, NV.
- Fundamentals of Restorative Dentistry at UCLA in Los Angeles, CA, with Dr. Richardson
- Implants A to Z at UCLA in Los Angeles, CA. with Dr. George Perri, DDS, Sascha Jovanovic, DDS.
- California Dental Association and American Dental Association annual sessions.
- Masters Degree from Pennsylvania State University on Health Policy and Administration.